Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Forbidden Fruit

I am in love with you
I love the way the spaces between your fingers seem to fit perfectly into the crevices of mine,
Like the sporadically cut patterns of a one thousand piece puzzle joining as one
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

I live for the brush of your blushing cheeks against the stubbled chocolate canvas of mine,
Like a concerned artist diligently brushing away at what was once a blank slate, but now is a work of art depicting the deepest concerns of the heart
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

Arms entangled in an embrace leaving your limbs undistinguishable from mine
Like lovers trapped in a cocoon preparing to release the morphed beauty of one united butterfly,
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

Life springing into my cold heart from the radiating warmth of your young fresh skin
Resurrecting emotions once purposefully entombed in the darkest caverns of my being
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

Trailblazingly encroaching toward a secluded destination previously deemed prohibited,
Bringing light to dark uncharted regions of me
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

Words forever affirming the man in me
Reassurance that my insecurities are petty
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

Two unlimited minds merging in an ultimate vision of genuine love
Bright futures blinding the masses
I am in love with you,,
But, I can't have you

Unfamiliar sensations arising from a reserve I never knew existed
Sending paralyzing ripples up my spine to change my temple
I am in love with you,
But, I can't have you

How dare you infiltrate the stonewall guarding my heart
Who gave you the gall to sincerely employ honesty as a practice

How dare you patiently wade through my indecisiveness
Who gave you the gall to take this chance

How dare you trust me so blindly
Who gave you the gall to believe in my love

My eyes were once the window to a wall
Yet in them you found the gateway to my all
I am in love with you,
Yet, I still can't have you

No comments:

Post a Comment